Bring Sean to You
Sean is available to bring his Business of the BIZ classes to your organization, company or classroom. His 3 – hour seminars work well in a variety of settings, yet Sean can also tailor his lectures to the unique needs of your organization. The content can be adjusted as well as the length of the presentation. He can do a 45 minute assembly for a high school group, a 60 to 90 – minute master class, or a full day seminar. Sean will make sure that these classes work for your particular budget and needs.
A Business of the BIZ seminar
These SEMINARS are a three hour intensive presentation that focuses on a specific aspect of the Biz. The actors are given a workbook that Sean has created which closely follows the workshop information and his Power Point presentation. The students can use their workbooks in three ways:
1. As a guide to follow along during the lecture.
2. To keep written notes of their thoughts, ideas and the answers to the questions put to them.
3. Finally, as a reference manual that contains specific information about the Biz.
Usually running from 60 to 90 – minutes, these talks are designed with the College, University or Conservatory Drama School in mind. When appropriate, handouts will be provided. You can suggest a subject that you’d feel would benefit your group or you may pick from an à la carte menu of topics:
1. Acting as a Business.
2. Putting your headshot and resume together.
3. Where to go…New York, L.A., or somewhere else?
4. Filing your taxes and loving it.
5. The difference between being an Amateur and a Professional.
6. Auditioning – What it is and how to prepare for one.
7. Talent, Type and Tenacity – the 3 things that make up a working actor.
8. How the casting process REALLY works.
9. How to go about finding work…and then getting it!
10. Finding your “Day Job.”
Best thought of as an informal discussion, these talks are primarily designed for high school students. Once again there is an à la carte menu of topics, yet feel free to suggest your own:
1. So…your want to be an actor?!
2. Acting as your career – A reality check.
3. They call it Show Business for a reason!
4. How to find work outside the classroom.
5. What is a picture and resume?
6. What is an audition, anyway?