Audiobooks 101 – Sean Pratt Presents an All Day Workshop on Saturday, July 28th
WHAT: Sean Pratt and Erik Synnestvedt present two classes, on Audiobook Narration Technique & Breaking into the Audiobook Business
Sean’s Class: Tell Me a Story – Audiobook Narration Technique
• In this audiobook version of an acting class, you’ll have the opportunity to work on your narration skills in a group setting. Sean will provide you with various books/genres to work with and give feedback as well as insights into working as an audiobook narrator. If you’re looking to hone your skills or just want to see if audiobook narration is something you want to pursue, this class will give you an opportunity to have fun doing it. Topics that Sean may cover include: how to differentiate character voices from narrative; recognizing and interpreting the author’s voice; the demands of different book genres; research.
Erik’s Class: We Don’t Mince Words – What it Takes to Break into the World of Audiobooks
• Have you been considering getting into audiobook narration, but are too intimidated to start? Don’t know the first thing about putting together your demo? Audiobook narrator and voiceover artist Erik Synnestvedt will lead you through the steps of how to break into this challenging, competitive and rewarding arena. You’ll learn who to contact, what to do to get your hat in the ring, and how to create an audiobook demo that will make publishers take notice.
WHEN: Saturday, July 28th 2012 – from 10 to 5PM with a one hour lunch break. Doors open 9:30.
WHERE: The Actors’ Center, Universalist National Memorial Church, 1810 16th St. NW (corner of 16th & S) in the upstairs office. They’re also near the Dupont Circle Metro and the U Street/Cardozo Metro.
• $150 – By check or Pay Pal
• $135 – for members of the following groups: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, TIVA, WIFV, Actors’ Center, Baltimore Theatre Alliance.
• Class size is limited to EIGHT actors, only!
To RSVP please contact – email@example.com . Please put “July 28th class” in the subject line and tell me if you are a member of one of the discounted groups!
Sean Pratt offers his “NO KIDDING” money back guarantee. “If you’re not satisfied after the first hour of one of my Business of the Biz classes…if you feel it’s a waste of your time, then I’ll refund your money right then and there. NO KIDDING!”
WHY: “First of all thanks for an insightful class on last Saturday on Audiobooks 101 and Eric’s class on providing information on contacts with the industry. Both the classes were excellent – informative, well taught and got us engaged in learning.” – Sandeep Bharal
Sean Pratt, (AEA / SAG / AFTRA), has been a working professional actor in the theatre, film, TV and voice-overs for 20 years. He has been an audiobook narrator for 16 years, recording over 600 books in almost every genre and has received 6 AudioFile Magazine “Headphones” awards and two “Audie” nominations from the Audio Publishers Association. For the last 10 years Sean has been helping actors, both students and professionals, to understand the complexities of the BIZ as well as reinvigorate and refocus their careers through his easy to understand, dynamic concepts. www.seanprattpresents.com
Erik Synnestvedt, (that’s SIN-est-vet) is a member of both AFTRA & SAG, and an audiobook veteran of more than twelve years, with over 200 titles under his belt and counting. Publishers include Penguin Audio, Christian Audio, Tantor, Gildan Media, The Library of Congress and more. He is also an experienced voiceover artist and on-camera performer who is particularly renowned for his sensitive portrayal of Naked Man in the Golden Tiki of Djbuti Buti. Really. www.voxover.tv